Brrr it’s so cold this week. I hope that those of you reading this in England kept safe and warm. I’ve just had a plumber round to fix my bathroom drainage pipe which was totally frozen inside and out and therefore not letting any water through. That’s excessively cold, even for this country!
Anyway, all this talk of cold weather makes me think about the summer and the sunshine. Speaking of which, I was kindly nominated by a fellow blogger this week for the Sunshine Blogger Award! (Seamless link, right?!)
So, the rules are, I am to answer eleven questions as set out by my nominator. I can write my own set of new questions and nominate others for the same award. They then have to answer my questions!
Such fun I tell you! I must say, I haven’t been blogging for very long so for someone to think of me is extremely kind. Thank you very much to @StoryofI – and make sure you check that blog out too!
So here are my answers:
- Why do you blog about your specific topic?
I’ve always wanted to feel like I’m doing something to offer support and/or advice to young LGBT people. My own experience was hard at times and I think anyone who has had an experience of any kind should offer support to others who may be going through a similar thing. My paid work is in child welfare and it’s something I feel pretty damn strongly about!
- What is your best life advice?
Hmmm… good one. My favourite phrase is ‘optimism is the key!’. It’s not always easy but a positive outlook and attitude can go a long way.
- What is the best advice you have ever gotten from someone else?
My Grandma once told me that you get out of life what you put in to it. I’ve found this to be accurate. If you want reward and happiness, you should work for it and seek it. A good life doesn’t just fall at your feet.
- What is the lifehack you can’t live without?
It’s basic but sticking paperclips at the end of tape – you never lose the end! Sweet. I don’t know if this is a lifehack but I recently realised that the chocolate finger trays float in the bath. Now THAT is worth knowing!
- Favourite quote?
“I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole” – Morgan Freeman
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you’re feeling down?
If I’m feeling down or stressed, I love to take a long shower. Something about the warmth and the water helps to me feel like I’m ‘washing away the stress’. That sounds lame – I’m aware. (Obviously that’s in addition to a cuddle from the FeyonceYAY 😊)
- To live by the beach, city or in a small town?
Definitely the beach! Sea makes me very happy. It’s my lifelong dream to have a bedroom where the double doors open up to a seaview. Maybe one day…
- What is your ideal day?
My ideal day is spent with my fiancé (obviously!) but we are really happy relaxing together. Today, we had a nice lazy morning followed by lunch out in Hove and then an afternoon/evening of relaxation and watching our favourite shows together on the sofa. It’s simple but it’s perfect. As long as we are together and chore free, it’s pretty awesome!
- How do you keep yourself motivated to keep blogging?
I’m still pretty new to blogging so the novelty hasn’t worn off. I enjoy thinking of topics from my life to discuss that I think might resonate with some others. It’s not too hard for me as I enjoy writing and I enjoy thinking back to my past and remember odd little memories that I may have supressed until now.
- What food can someone wake you up for in the middle of the night?
MINI EGGS. Always mini eggs. I have a worrying obsession.
- What blog post are your most proud of?
Well – I’ve only written four so far but I think I am most proud of the first one I wrote called ‘Howd’ya do?’. It was my first plunge in to the blogging experience and I didn’t really know if/how well it would be received. It’s been a great journey so far and I’m glad I went for it.
So, I now need to nominate 11 bloggers to answer my set of questions. I’m not entirely sure if any of these have been nominated already so apologies for duplication if so!
And now, here are some questions for my nominated bloggers:
- What’s your favourite song of all time?
- If you could tell your 14-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
- Is there something you kept to yourself a child that you wish you’d shared sooner?
- What was the single best day of your life and why?
- What is the one thing you want most in this life?
- What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream? (had to get less serious…)
- What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- If you could have dinner with three famous people, who would they be? (Dead or alive)
- What is your dream job?
- What is the kindest thing anybody has done for you?
- Finally, would you rather be a human with a mermaids tail, or a human with a fish head? Hmm?
Over n out x